The Cost of Solar Panels in Delaware
In a state with so many beautiful beaches and wildlife areas along its coast, its not surprising to see so many residents look to install solar power In Delaware. With more than 250+ sunny days per year, solar panels are a great way for residents of The First State to power their homes for less money and take important steps to preserve the beautiful state of Delaware.
Fortunately, the cost of solar panels in Delaware has come down significantly in recent years, and there are many incentives available to help make the switch to solar affordable for everyone. In this overview, we'll take a look at the costs involved with installing solar panels in Delaware, the factors that will impact your costs, as well as some of the best financing options and solar incentives to help you save money.
Its important to know, that not all solar panel systems are the same. There are different shapes, sizes, and options you have available. A customized solar quote can help you to take these factors into consideration and give you a more accurate price for a solar panel system for you and your situation. Start a free customized solar estimate, in minutes!
See what options are currently available for your home!
Please enter a zip code
How Much Do Solar Panels Cost In Delaware?
On average, most full size solar panel systems in Delaware cost between $11,000-$15,000, with out factoring in any Delaware solar incentives.
Fortunatley, Delaware has many solar financial incentives to help reduce or even eliminate the costs of solar panel installation in Delaware. Some of these incentives include solar rebates, tax exemptions, tax credits, and Delaware no cost solar programs.
Read more about Delaware Solar Incentives, Tax Credits, & Rebates
Average Cost Of Solar Panels - In Delaware, USA
|System Size||Avg. Cost|
The chart above is great for getting a rough estimate of how much solar panels cost Delaware. But the cost of your solar system may be higher or lower based on several factors including where you choose to install solar panels, your energy needs, the solar power system size, which solar incentives you qualify for.
Enter your zip code to see if you qualify for Free Solar Installation!
Do I Qualify?
Please enter a zip code
Factors to Consider When Purchasing Solar Panels
As you may have seen, solar panels come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. So when buying solar panels for your home, here are a few questions to consider.
- Where do you want your solar panels to be installed? This may be a home or business. Or it may be on your side yard instead of your roof. The location of the solar energy system is important because of its relationship to direct sunlight during the day, but also how many solar panels you can actually fit in your desired area. Solar panels do come in different sizes so you can be creative, as long as the sun shines bright You can start your solar panel customization here!
- How many solar panels do you need? A different way to ask this is "what are you energy needs?" You can find this out by taking a look at your electric bill and seeing how many killowatts (kW) of electricity you paid for. Its important to understand how your energy needs change throughout the year also. A solar system that can power 100% of your energy needs in every season is ideal. Many solar owners have the benefit of answering what to do with their excess solar energy?
- What solar incentives do you qualify for? Fortunately, Delaware has many financial incentives & discounts available to help reduce the cost of going solar. To start, Delaware has no sales tax. This included the cost of solar panels and solar batteries! Most Delaware residents also qualify for the Green Energy Tax Credit of up to 30% on the cost of your residential solar system. And Delaware also has many solar rebates available for homes and business to help incentive people to go solar. It is easy to see what solar disocunts you qualify for, start by entering your zip code.
Enter your zip code below to see if you may qualify for zero down solar!
Do I Qualify?
Please enter a zip code
How Much Can I Save With Solar Energy?
The good news is, that regardless of your investment in solar energy, solar panels will ultimately pay themselves off. The average payback period for solar panels in 8-10 years. But in sunny states like Delaware, it can be done in less. This is because all of the savings that come from powering your home or business with solar energy.
As energy cost rise all across America, one of the primary reasons people purchase solar panels is to reduce their monthly energy costs. Home solar systems can reduce your monthly energy costs by up to 40%-60%. Of all the ways to save with solar, your direct monthly energy savings is the most obvious and valuable. In fact, many Delaware residents are able to save more than $30,000 in electricity costs over 20 years by switching to solar energy.
A professionally installed solar panel system is a thing of beauty. Not only does it make a house more attractive, but it also raises the property value! On average, residential solar installations can increase property value by 5% or more. For example, a $300,000 home can add +$15,000 to their property value with solar equipment. And if you ever decide to sell your home in the future, your property is much more attractive to buyers when you have a solar panel system installed.
Delaware Solar Incentives
The best way to save money with solar is by taking advantage of the solar incentives in your area. Delaware offers many ways to reduce your up front cost solar costs and reward you with rebates and tax credits. Read more for a summary of these benefits, or get a custom solar quote to see what financial incentives you qualify for!
- Green Energy Tax Credit: Also known as the Federal Solar Tax Credit. This solar incentive gives you up to a 30% tax write off on the cost of your solar system, solar installation, and solar batteries. You can utilize IRS Form 5695 to apply for this solar investment tax credit, but we suggest you consult with a professional to ensure it gets filed properly.
- Net Metering Programs: You can sell your excess solar energy back to the Delaware solar grid in exchange for Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs). You can then use these SRECs to further reduce your monthly energy bill or sell them for a profit. How much SRECs you receive is based on the amount of energy you provide to the power grid. This calculation is done via Net Energy Metering. This is a popular option in Delaware because the net energy programs are much more competitive than most states in the US. In fact, some states have still not yet adopted solar buyback programs.
- Delaware No Cost Solar programs: For some families, the up front cost of solar is the biggest reason for not going solar sooner. For this reason, Delaware has supported solar grants and loans to help people enjoy the benefits of solar with out the up front investment. Power Purchase Agreements are another way home owners are investing in solar with out the up front cost. Not everyone qualifies for no cost solar programs in Delaware.
Enter your zip code to see if you qualify for solar incentives!
Do I Qualify?
Please enter a zip code
Are Solar Panels Free In Delaware?
Yes, If you are a Delaware resident, there is a good chance that you qualify to have free solar panels installed on your home or business.
Delaware supports many solar incentive & discount programs for its residents. Through solar loans, rebates, power purchase agreements and more, there are ways to get solar panels installed for free. To see how, read our complete guide to How To Get Solar Panels Installed For Free In Delaware!
How to Get Solar Panels Installed In Delaware
The cost of solar panels in Delaware has reduced significantly in recent years thanks to advances in technology, logistics, and many local solar incentives. It is also easier than ever to get solar panels installed. Switching to renewable clean solar energy is as simple as:
Step 1: Evaluate Your Solar Needs
Where would you like to install your solar panel system? and what are your energy needs? This will help you see what size system fits your needs best.
Step 2: Your Excess Energy Options
Would you like to buy a solar battery to store excess energy? Or would you like to participate in Net Metering programs to make some extra money with your extra solar energy? Or both?
Step 3: Get a Custom Solar Quote
A customized estimate from a solar professional is the best way to see how much solar cost in Delaware. A solar quote will take into account all your wants and needs, and lay out all of your solar options to help you design the perfect solar energy system for you.
Step 4: Enjoy the savings!
When your refrigerator, lights, TV and general household equipment are being powered for less, how will you celebrate? The choice is yours! Just be sure to help your neighbors and show them the benefits of solar, because the more people that are powering their homes and businesses with solar, the better chance we have at mitigating climate control and protecting Delaware's natural beauty.
Get started with your free solar savings quote!
Yes, Delaware provides ample sunlight in all of the seasons to generate solar power and make solar panels a worth while investment. Read more about the pros and cons of solar panels in Delaware
For a 2,000 sq ft home, a solar system with 20-25 4kW solar panels should be sufficient to power the home. How much energy you use is a bigger factor to consider when designing your solar system. Get a custom solar quote for your home, for free.
According to the latest industry data, the average cost of solar panels in Delaware is $12,000 or $2.40 per watt.
Solar energy continues to be one of the best investments for Delaware homeowners year after year. In fact, many Delaware residents are able to save more than $30,000 in electricity costs over 20 years by switching to solar energy.
Use our FREE Solar Calculator to see your potential savings.